Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hat Madness

"A hat is a head covering. It can be worn for protection against the elements, for ceremonial or religious reasons, for safety, or as a fashion accessory.[1] In the past, hats were an indicator ofsocial status.[2]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat

Personally I love hats and I really enjoyed making them. The hat I made are based on a pattern I found in
Creating Fashion Accessories 
by Creative Publishing international Editors, Singer Sewing Staff
ISBN 086573285X (0-86573-285-X)
Softcover, Quayside

I tweaked the patterns a bit, and came out with these:
Big Cats

Black and White

Froggy

Island Paradise

Pink

Pom Pom

I know some of the pictures are a bit noisy and out of focus, I am not sure what happened with the imaging software. Note to self do not use Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Accompanying these mad hats is a pair of equally as mad fascinators (or as I have them in my shop hats on headbands)...

Red Plaid Flannel Hat on Red Elastic Headband

Black and Pink Polka Dot Hat on Headband

I hope you'll make your head happy by topping it with one of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.